PETER TAVY COMMUNITY HYDROPOWER (PTCH)
A community project to bring reliable and efficient renewable energy for the benefit of everyone in Peter Tavy.
Peter Tavy Community Hydropower is a Community Association with a membership of villagers who wish to explore the potential for renewable energy in Peter Tavy.
Find out more about the project in the information handout which we have prepared for distribution at community events.
Click here to download a PDF file.
Opportunities for Community
REGEN SouthWest: Building local economic resilience through democratic local energy models: findings launched today.
Regen is today launching the outputs from a two year project exploring the opportunities for community energy groups in the post-FIT United Kingdom.
Join in the conversation: search for #localenergymodels on twitter
You can find all the reports and tools here on the community energy hub:
What has been achieved?
- PTCH has been awarded a Devon County Council ‘Accelerator Fund’ grant of £2,279.
- The grant will lead to a professional Feasibility Study which will record a thorough survey of the river and the engineering calculations necessary to plan and proceed with the project.
The Terms of Reference for the Feasibility Study are available to download as a PDF file – click here.
- This funding also supports sharing and receiving information within the community via leaflets and a website.
PTCH Committee currently includes:
- Henry White (Acting Chairman);
- Keith Thomas (Treasurer);
- Colin & Tori Abel;
- Dave Chanter;
- Vaughan Nail;
- Linzi Pearce;
- Tony Pope;
- Peter Smith
Tell us what you think
Please let us know what you think – your feedback is a valuable part of developing this community project. Contact us with your questions and thoughts.